|POSITION:||Senior Fellow-Monitoring and Evaluation|
|LOCATION:||Ministry of Health, 4th Floor, Youyi Building, Freetown|
|REPORT TO:||The Director of Policy, Planning and Information; and the Minister of Health|
|CONTRACT DURATION:||Initially for 2 years and renewable thereafter with view of transitioning into the Government of Sierra Leone Scheme of Service (Civil Servant)|
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Fellow will play a pivotal role in supporting the implementation of all health polices and strategies including the Digital Health Roadmap and health data initiatives at the MoH. The Digital Health Roadmap aims to accelerate the integration of digital health solutions including electronic M&E tools, such as the electronic Integrated Supportive Supervision Visits (eISSV) within the national health system, improving healthcare service delivery and health outcomes across the country. The Senior Fellow will be responsible for developing and implementing robust MEAL frameworks, systems, and processes to track progress, assess impact, and promote learning and accountability for health interventions. The Senior Fellow will work closely with key stakeholders to establish comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning mechanisms and to build and maintain a credible digital health database.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly qualified female or male, strong preference for female
- Sierra Leonean (local or from the diaspora)
Expectations: (Candidates may have a combination of some or all of the following attributes)
- Master’s or PhD degree in public health, health informatics, epidemiology, Monitoring & Evaluation, Medical Statistics, Health Economics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in healthcare monitoring, evaluation, and learning roles, preferably in the development sector or NGOs
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your application (a mandatory cover letter and an updated CV with at least 3 references) to the following email addresses: email@example.com by: 4:00 pm Local Time, Friday 19th October, 2023.
- Only email applications sent to the above email address will be included in the pool of applicants to be assessed by MOHS. No hand deliveries will be accepted. Please also note that your CV should contain your full contact details such as residence address, working mobile telephone number, working email address, as well as those of your three referees.
- Selected candidates will be required to sign a contractual agreement with the Government of Sierra Leone’s Ministry of Health.
- The recruitment will initially be for a period of 2years and thereafter an annual extension subject to performance and funds availability.